Sunday, July 8, 2007

What is DMAE?

Dimethylaminoethanol, DMAE, has been used since the 1990's as a skincare additive. Because of the hype surrounding it - testimonials and studies showing that DMAE can reverse some sagging of the skin, the price is greatly inflated and it probably shouldn't cost any more than aspirin.

DMAE's affects are not nearly as pronounced or obvious as those seen with Botox or continued use of Retin A, but when combined with other compatible substances, reputed for their anti aging affects, DMAE can bring about pleasant changes. Since sagging of skin is one of the most common signs of aging, reversing it just a bit can yield greater results without the risk and expense of surgical face lift or Botox injections.

I have used DMAE in products that were premade and have made my own products using DMAE as part of the formula. Results have been good, but it takes a while to notice a difference. I am fortunate in my ability to get DMAE and blend it as I wish, with other premade creams that are less expensive and serve as suitable bases for my own, personal DMAE face cream.

If you are interested in trying some yourself, let me know!

No comments: